For new information regarding Communication please click here.
For information on the November event on Communication please click here.
Jonathan Coles on Communication in Social Care Settings
It is self evident that effective communication is vital to the development of high quality social care services. It is also central to the promotion of dignity. Communication is of course an enormous subject involving people in different roles and the use of many methods or tools. In this workshop Jonathan considered communications with service users, family and friends, colleagues and other agencies and he will break the subject down into the following
- Person centred communication and dignity.
- The importance of non verbal communication in all face to face interactions.
- The use of touch as a powerful, positive communication tool.
- Communication which welcomes and values family and friends.
- Listening – the most important communication skill of all?
- The use of IT and social networking – potential and dangers.
Below there is more information that was covered at this event, either click the image or link below to view.